Criteria for Listings on BlueRidgeMusicNC.com
To be included on the Blue Ridge Music Trails of North Carolina website, a venue, site, event, or resource muust meet all the following criteria:
2. Provide music experiences that significantly feature* (see note below) one or more traditional music or dance genre:
- Cherokee music and dance
- Early country music
- Shaped-note singing
- Clogging to live music
- Contra dancing to live music
- Square dancing to live music
3. Be open and accessible to the public.
4. Not be located in a private residence (Exceptions may be granted if the residence includes workshop, studio, or retail space open to the public. House concerts and jams are typically private by nature, so will not be listed.)
5. Provide one or more of the following music experiences or resources:
- Jam sessions
- Workshops, classes, and/or demonstrations in a group setting
- Displays, exhibits, and archival resources
- Radio or internet programming
- A robust selection of music instruments and accessories for traditional musicians that are available for purchase.
- A robust selection of recordings by local traditional musicians that are available for purchase.
- Landscapes and landmarks that are significant to traditional music and dance within the region, with on-site markers and interpretation.
6. Agree to participate in the Blue Ridge Music Trails of North Carolina initiative by completing an Event and Location submissions, which includes:
- A designated point of contact.
- A commitment to notify Music Trails staff when a web listing needs to be updated.
- A commitment to display the Blue Ridge Music Trails signage/logo at event/location.
- A commitment to provide a reciprocal link to the Blue Ridge Music Trails website.
* Special Note for Festivals, Concert Series, and Venues:
- Festivals – At least one-third of the total number of performances or a dedicated stage should feature traditional music or dance.
- Concert series – If a concert series includes both traditional and non-traditional music, details for the traditional music concerts may be listed on the website.
- Venues – At least one-third of the total number of performances or at least one dedicated day/evening of each month should feature traditional music or dance. Venues that fall short of this threshold may request that individual performances/concerts featuring traditional music or dance be listed on the website events calendar.
If the answer is yes to the questions above, please send an email Donna Ray Norton, Coordinator at email@example.com. Donna Ray will respond to gather Event and Location details.
Thank you for inquiring about listing on BlueRidgeMusicNC.com.