Locations

Jones House Community Center

A block east of a life-sized bronze statue of Watagua County's most famous traditional musician, Doc Watson, is the Jones House, a historic home built in 1908. Situated on a hill overlooking downtown Boone, NC, the Jones House is owned by the town of Boone and hosts Concerts on the Lawn, where traditional music groups set up on the elevated front porch and present free concerts. The Jones House is also the venue for old-time jam sessions on Thursday evenings.

In the early 1980's, the Town of Boone, North Carolina received the wonderful gift of the historic Jones House. This was made possible by the forsesight of Mazie Jean Jones Levenson, daughter of Dr. John Walter Jones and his wife Mattie Blackburn Jones who built the house in 1908. Concious of the need to preserve the history of Boone, Mazie has provided Boone with many gifts wrapped up in one:

  • A beautiful turn-of-the-century home listed on the National Historic Register.
  • home for the Downtown Boone Development Association.
  • gallery space for numerous artist to display their talents.
  • meeting place for community groups.
  • repository for historical artifacts from the early days of Boone and Watauga County.
  • great place for families to visit and enjoy the annual July 4th and Christmas parades the Town of Boone has to offer.

Location Type

  • Cultural Center
  • Other / Misc
  • Outdoor Setting

Contact Info

Address 604 West King Street
Boone, NC 28607
Phone (828) 268-6280
http://www.JonesHouse.org

Upcoming Events at this Location: