Community Tuesdays will feature live music and dance components, and program details will be announced weekly. The focus will be on jamming, playing games, gathering, performing, and taking part in dances that don’t require embracing strangers for long periods of time. A schedule and a preliminary list of performers are included below. For weekly updates, follow us on social media. A donation of $5-10 per adult is suggested for most events, but all are welcome regardless of contribution.
Upcoming Music & Dance:
- April 5 – Community Tuesdays Kickoff Party at Open House. Open The House Band featuring Rick Taylor and Charmaine Slaven. Rick Taylor, frequent and famed instructor at the Folk School joins Music & Dance Programs Coordinator Charmaine for an evening of tunes, songs, dances, and distractions.
- April 12 – Learn Swing Dance Basics from Bridget Esterhuizen with live jazz from Djoukil Swingtet
- April 19- Sweet Milk & Peaches, traditional music and dance duo
- April 26 – Morris Maypole Workshop: Community learn-a-tune, practice a dance, make a pretty
- May 3 – Resonant Rogues perform a short set, quick dance tutorial, then open up the floor
- May 10 – Momsemble String Band with Martha Owen, Charmaine Slaven, & Annie Fain Barralon
- May 17- The BUGbillies, variety show
- May 24 – Anne Lough with Bob Dalsemer and the Dog Branch Cats
- May 31 – JAM Kids Concert followed by square dance with host T-Claw calling figures