Music at the Green Heron Ale House
The Green Heron Ale House presents live music every Saturday night. The music schedule features local and regional North Carolina artists playing a variety of music styles. The artists included in this listing play the old time, bluegrass, and blues traditions of Western North Carolina. But don't forget, Green Heron presentes you can enjoy live music weekly at its location along thr Dan River. Check the Green Heron website for full artist schedule.
Upcoming traditional artists:
- September 9 - Abigal Dowed ($5.00 cover charge)
- Singer/songwriter Abigail Dowd grew up under the longleaf pine trees in North Carolina and comes from a long line of musicians. She taught herself to play the guitar at age 14 and went on to study classical guitar with Danny Infantino..
- September 23 - None of the Above ($10.00 cover charge)
- Central North Carolina’s None of the Above plays bluegrass-based acoustic . . . everything. Working with traditional bluegrass instrumentation, the band creates a unique sound that includes elements and material from a variety of styles including bluegrass, Americana, alternative country, and their own original material. NOTA’s musical style maintains traditional roots, while drawing on each member’s interpretation and contribution to arrangements. Ultimately, this produces a sound that gives meaning to their name: None of the Above.
- October 7 - Will Easter ($5.00 cover charge)
- Will Easter is a singer songwriter from North Western North Carolina. Through his songs, one can feel the heartfelt honest lyrics and hear stories of love, loss, longing and human progression. He takes influence from various genres, but primarily plays folk rock, other times called “grunge grass”. Artist influences include American Aquarium, John Prine, Blind Melon, The Major Sevens, and the Avett Brothers. From a young age, Will gravitated towards music and picked up the guitar, taught himself to play, and started writing at age eighteen. He is currently playing at many venues and bars throughout the triad and North Western North Carolina. In recent years he has played at festivals including Carolina in the Fall and Friend Fest, while sharing the stage with Rhonda Vincent and the Kruger Brothers.
- December 16 - Jim Avett ($10.00 cover charge)
- Jim Avett of Concord, North Carolina, is the son of a Methodist minister and a classical pianist who grew up in a home full of love and music, a home where he learned the importance of hard work and honest living. He and his wife instilled these same values in their children, tempered with a lot of fun, and of course, music. Jim’s guitar was an ever present instrument, and there was always singing.